In order to carry out successful tests which would help developers to prevent bugs a QA Engineer should be experienced and educated. To achieve this one should definitely have good practice. But reading books is also an essential part of professional growth.
Below you will find the list of the best books concerning software testing issues which contain the fundamentals of different testing techniques, descriptions of popular tools used in testing process and live examples of test cases.
- First book every tester must read is the book by Cem Kaner called “Lessons Learned in Software Testing”. Containing the real project tips the resource is useful not only for testers but also for developers, consultants and test managers. If you read this book you will find out the methods of reducing testing budget and increasing test team’s efficiency.
- Adam Goucher in his work “Beautiful Testing: Leading Professionals Reveal How They Improve Software” suitable for both testers and managers combined 23 essays of best testers who provided examples from various testing platforms.
- “Software Testing” by Ron Patton touches all the areas of software testing providing information about both test automation and web-based testing. Giving short and simple explanations it is still a complete guidance for novice at testing.
- The next resource “Testing Computer Software” written by C. Kaner covers not only most frequently used areas of testing but also give scarce information on designing a test plan and verification testing so it makes it valuable for both testing guru and newcomers.
- In his book “Managing the Testing Process: Practical Tools and Techniques for Managing Hardware and Software” Rex Black not only provided general information on test cases, plans, but also attached bright and accurate examples, illustrations and documents including CD.
Good results of software testing require knowing and applying various testing approaches. The above listed books contain valuable information which can help you to enhance skills and capabilities needed in tester’s professional activity.